Minister of College and Recreation
CrossLife Church is a gospel-centered church with a mission to build lives that matter by teaching people to love, know, trust, and follow Jesus. We are located in Oviedo, FL, just outside of Orlando where within five miles of the church is the University of Central Florida, one of the largest universities in America. We are excited about calling a Minister of College to our staff as we seek to reach and impact the lives of the nearly 250,000 college students that currently attend Orlando area colleges and universities. We are looking for somebody who has a heart and calling to college students, that is willing to be creative and dedicated to reaching students that normally would not attend church. A person that is willing to meet students where they are, whether they are in school or out. It is essential that this person also be able to connect with college students on a social and spiritual level, with the intent of discipling them towards Christ-like maturity. In addition to the college ministry, this person will lead the sports and recreation ministry of CrossLife to serve the community.
- Responsible to the Senior Pastor and Senior Associate Pastor
- Serve as part of the ministerial staff of CrossLife Church
- Work with the other department heads to achieve an integrated approach to ministry
- Supervise the college and recreation ministry volunteers
- Lead College students into a deeper relationship with Christ
- Create a path of ministry that allows students to move from the community to the crowd to the congregation to the committed to core leadership.
- Develop and lead Sunday evening large group gathering (Kaleo) and serve as primary speaker.
- Develop a strong on campus presence through serving, small groups, and events.
- Oversee all forms of communications for the College Ministry (social media, e-mail, phone-calls, etc).
- Oversee, leads, and communicates with College ministry team volunteers.
- Prepare and organize materials for weekly college ministry small groups and environments.
- Plan and coordinate outreach events, retreats and gatherings.
- Invest relationally in students, to include time outside of scheduled church events.
o i.e. lunch with students on or off campus, grabbing coffee, etc.
- Create opportunities to evangelize area students by being proactive in the local community and on campus.
- Create opportunities for students to grow and serve through local and global mission trips, community projects, etc.
- Cast vision and recruit college students to serve as volunteers within their unique gifting in ministries throughout CrossLife Church.
- Lead and organize CrossLife’s Upward Soccer and Basketball leagues
- Recruit, train, and develop coaches and volunteers to serve during the Upward seasons
- Facilitate advertising and communications to the community at large about recreation opportunities
- Plan end of season Upward Celebrations in conjunction with Senior Pastor to maximize evangelistic opportunities in reaching participants and their families
- Plan yearly summer sports camp to reach and minister to the community
Ministerial Duties as Assigned by the Pastor
- Hospital Visits
- Minister on Call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate relationship with Him that is evident to all who know him.
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle that complies with the Biblical qualifications of an elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:7-9.
- A man of prayer and a man of the Word, sensitive to what the Spirit is doing in his life as well as the life of the church.
- A team player
- Agreement with the doctrine, mission, vision, and values of CrossLife Church.
- A track record of ministry team building and growing sustainable ministries
- Gifted in teaching, leadership, organization and interpersonal skills
- Balanced views of evangelism and discipleship as well as knowledge and application
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree or higher