CrossLife Church is a family oriented, gospel-centered church with a mission to build lives that matter by teaching people to love, know, trust, and follow Jesus. We are located in Oviedo, FL, just outside of Orlando with a congregation of over 6000 members. The goal of this position is to provide assistance to the Senior Pastor that frees him to cast vision and successfully lead the congregation and staff. The ideal candidate will provide outstanding administrative support which includes strong organizational and time management skills, writing, transcribing, and editing skills, communication skills, the ability to analyze and resolve problems, ability to work under time sensitive constraints, work under minimal work supervision and possess a high level of confidentiality.
- Manage and distribute incoming calls/emails as needed
- Manage and maintain Senior Pastor’s calendar, schedule appointments, coordinate meetings and functions, coordinate logistics and organizations for meetings and functions
- Edit, type, and transcribe Senior Pastor’s weekly sermon and all other materials distributed by Senior Pastor
- Assist the Senior Pastor with special mailings, information requests and publishing efforts
- Notify the Senior Pastor when critical information is received including deaths, hospitalizations, surgeries, births, etc.
- Prepare for meetings; create presentations and spreadsheets
- Arrange domestic and international travel; coordinate visas, passports and other travel documents and itineraries
- Organize and maintain confidential files and records of a sensitive nature
- Plan work and establish priorities to ensure work is completed on schedule while keeping the Senior Pastor on task with critical matters
- Prepare and reconcile expense reports for Senior Pastor
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate relationship with Him that is evident to all who know her.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff, volunteers, church members, vendors, etc.
- Verbal, written and phone communication skills
- Ability to edit manuscripts, sermons, and other written forms of communication
- Exercise good judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands and deadlines, demonstrate flexibility in the face of change or uncertainty and concurrently manage multiple tasks successfully
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and work within strict time constraints
- Be patient, reliable and have an attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong internet research skills
- Agreement with the doctrine, mission, vision, and values of CrossLife Church.
- Two years of college or higher is preferred