Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing for CrossLife Church is responsible for developing and executing marketing related strategies and activities by researching opportunities and plans; implementing those plans; and coordinating with CrossLife Church’s staff. This position is responsible for the creation and oversight of strategic communications for both external and internal audiences and as well as public relations and communications standards. The individual in this position will achieve success by contributing marketing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; creatively preparing, researching and producing compelling and competitive content; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and instigating change. The Director of Marketing will creatively plan and execute the promotion of CrossLife Church’s mission and vision with demand generation activities including: public relations, competitive analysis, presentation development, social media marketing, email marketing, event planning, copywriting, and Website management and optimization.
- Market Research and Planning
- Content and Material Design and Brand Development
- Ministry Events Strategy and Planning
- Social Media/Digital Strategy Planning and Management
- Coordinate the development and production of CrossLife-specific integrated marketing programs and budgets.
- Create and execute digital marketing and public relations initiatives.
- Create, edit, proof, and publish a variety of internal and external content, including press releases, website, landing pages, eblasts, social media, brochures, and other correspondence.
- Develop, organize, update, maintain, and manage media lists.
- Manage CrossLife’s social media activities across all ministry platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. safeguarding CrossLife’s reputation, branding, and messaging.
- Coordinate the planning and marketing execution of churchwide and ministry specific events.
- Manage lead generation activities within Google AdWords and Facebook.
- Engage in meetings across CrossLife ministries, offering opinions, insights, and suggestions on creative campaigns, marketing strategies, etc.
- Identify target segments in the CrossLife community and assist in developing appropriate strategies for each.
- Strategize and create vision in partnership with the Director of Media Production to establish marketing goals
- Establishing and maintaining marketing timelines across all advertising platforms for all ministry events
- Liaise with Website Editor on updating information for accuracy and relevance while staying true to our brand
- Review website visuals and replace when necessary
- Coordinate with Print Services to ensure branding guidelines are followed, deadlines are met and designs are strategic and timeless
- Perform other duties as assigned by Associate Pastor of Administration.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Communications.
- A minimum of 2 years marketing experience.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Highly proficient in basic computer programs: Microsoft Office, basic HTML, and Adobe Creative Suite. WordPress knowledge is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of SEO
- Confident, articulate, and able to think on your feet
- A persistent, driven, team-oriented spirit.
- Ability to work under pressure, organize and prioritize responsibilities.
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Aptitude for acquiring strong industry knowledge.